CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »



We are a class of grade 4 and 5 children in Brisbane, Australia. We have 10 boys and 17 girls in our class. We want to share our learning with others. Please leave a comment on our blog.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

BIKE ED

Over the past 4 weeks all the year 4's and 5's have been taking part in a Bike Education Course. We have been learning how to ride on the road safely. We do this through scanning for people and vehicles and signalling to let others know what we intend to do for example right turn, left turn and stop.
During our lesson on Monday we learnt how to enter and exit off a round -a-bout and how to ride over obstacles like train tracks safely.
After we practised these skills we were able to have a 'free' ride. This meant we could ride around the course practising signalling, going through traffic lights and going around round-a- bouts.
We are having lots of fun but it is tricky trying to remember to signal and to scan while riding our bikes.
We have one more lesson before we do our test to see if we can ride safely on the road!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear 4/5r
Bike ed is fun but also abit hard.
Once we lern how to ride I think I will see everyone in our class riding there bike.
I cant wait till our next lesson.
Love maddie.s.

Anonymous said...

Dear 4/5r
Bike ED is great fun an deveryone is doing great.

sophie 4/5r

Isabel said...

Hi Mrs. R
Great picture trail and post you did on Bike ed.
keep up the great work.

ISabel 4/5R

Emmanuel said...

hey look you can see me Emmanuel
cool picture trail mrs r



Emmanuel

Isabel said...

I LOVE IT!!!
It is a great post.
I will try picture trail out!!!
I hope it is a great web 2.0 tool.
Keep up the great work Mrs. R


Isabe 4/5R

Anonymous said...

dear Ms.R I like the picture trail.I hope I get a chance of doing it.From ryan!!!