CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »



We are a class of grade 4 and 5 children in Brisbane, Australia. We have 10 boys and 17 girls in our class. We want to share our learning with others. Please leave a comment on our blog.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NATIONAL SIMULTANEOUS READING



Today our school took part in "NATIONAL SIMULTANEOUS READING". This is an event that happens every year around Australia. Each year a particular picture book is chosen and schools and libraries all around Australia read that particular book at the same time.






The book this year was "PETE THE SHEEP" by Jackie French. Our school decided to present the book like a radio show, so we listened to the story while Mrs S, Mr D, Mr L, Mr H and Mrs P read the story over the PA system. Our class and 4/5D and 4/5H went to the library to listen to the story and Mrs R made a power point so that we could see the pictures as well.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that sounds interesting
I love this book
I wonder who did the voices
katherine

Anonymous said...

I wonder why they chose the book pete the sheep to be the book we read. kayla45r

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the simultaneous read I love the book!!






Elizabeth:)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the simultaneous read I love the book!!






Elizabeth:)

Anonymous said...

I think the play while we were reading was great.Pete's owner is a good hair stylist.



taz

Anonymous said...

I lthink pete the sheep play was very funny

fabiola 45r

katie said...

Hi Mrs R

I am so sad I missed out on the simultaneous reading! I was sick. How did it go? Was pete the sheep a good book?

From Katie