On Friday we finished our class novel, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret".
Year 4/5 I really enjoyed reading this book for a second time. I read it two years ago and really enjoyed it then, especially all the illustrations, I thought they were very important to the story and gave the reader a great deal of information. I especially enjoyed reading it for the second time because I had forgotten parts of the story and when I was listening to all of you sharing your ideas and thoughts I noticed lots of details in the illustrations that I missed the first time. You also came up with many different ideas that made me rethink some of the ideas I had in my head.
I found a slideshow on youtube that just uses the illustrations to tell the story and I thought it was quite effective.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsPZ4AnrEas Have a look at the slideshow and then write your own Reading Response for the story and leave it as a comment. This can be added to your writing and reading boxes on your homework grid.
I have also included an interview with the author Brian Selznick. He talks about how he came up with the idea for the book.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
THE INVENTION OF HUGO CABRET
Posted by prep red at 8:25 PM
Labels: The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Hello Workingstars,
Thanks for the comment you left on our blog. We are excited to have new friends in Australia. We are also excited about Brian Selznick's visit to a neighboring town. We will be able to meet him March 25. We are also looking forward to the movie that is being made of The Invention of Hugo Cabret. It will be directed by the same person who directed Ice Age. Do you think it will be animated or live action?
Mr. Greenberg and the Brainwaves from the USA
Hi Mrs R
This book is very interesting. I love all the illustrations because it gives lots of details to the book. My favourite character is Hugo because he is very mysterous. This book will always keep you in suspense. When I was reading this book last year I did not notice all the detail in the illustrations because I was to interested in the story. I recemend this book to anyone because this book is just perfect for anyone.
From Katie :)
I thought this book was a very interesting book.I like the bit when Hugo fineshed the mechanical man.I did not like the bit when Hugo got caught by the station inspector.I thought it was weird how Etean has an eye patch.I can't wait until the movie comes out it will be so good.by the way it's Ryan L.
hi 45r,
this book was a great book because it was so decrative in the illustrations. i would recomend this book for any person. this book is very mesteriously wonderful. i have no favouite characters in this book because they are all excellent. I think hugo became a very smart man.
This was one of the few books (other than Chris van Allsburg's) where the story truly matched the quality of the illustrations. Did you do anything online with book?
Mr. C
i thought this book was very exsiting and it was a great book because hugo from a small boy to a man i did not like it when hugo got into trouble by the station inspecter. It is very interestin book i hope that evry one liked it.
Itis supprising when etien pulls a coin out eye patch. it is a very happy ending because gougies adobts hugo i wonder what the movie will be like
This book is excellent. The writing doesn,t tell all of the story the pictures tell half.I rate this book 10 out of 10 it is so good you just don't no whats around the corner. My favourite Character is Hugo because he is smart and clever. My least favourite character is the station expecter because he is rough. I love how it always makes you wonder whats going to happen next.Kayla45r
I read that book with 45r.
i think it is a great book to read because it has not got alot of words.
i want to read it a gane because i loved it.i liked the person who had the eye patch.
i think everyone should read it.
Claudia 45r
Hi 4/5R
I like this book because it has some great pictures I also like that most of the picture give you the story .
I recommend this book to people how adventure
from Katherine
To mrs R
Hugo Cabret was a great book and im
going to read it again. and my
favriote charactar is the bookish
girl because she's smart and she
love's to read like me.
Emmanuel 4/5R
My favourite character is Hugo because he is interesting and smart. I don't like the station inspector because he is mean and smells.I think this book is for people how like interesting books. I will give the book 10 out of 10. I cant wait untill the book cames out.
I thought is book was GREAT because it was good for evry one!
Erin 45r
Hi 4/5R
it is darcy.I loved your post about the Hugo cabret. I have read it to it is a geart book hay.I also like the video I like hugo.
from darcy
I think Hugo Cabret is a great book to read.My favourite part is when Hugo fineshed the mechanical man.I did not like the part when Hugo got caught by the station inspector.from ronan 4/5r.
Hugo cabret was the best book in the world . I wonder what the movie wood be like i think the movie wood be cartoon a littal the best part .I like was when he try to get away from the train inspeckter.but it is L.S
Post a Comment