Year 4 and 5, Mrs S sent me an email about a plastic bag challenge and thought we might be interested. The challenge is organised by Coles and Junior Landcare. What they are asking us to do is collect all plastic bags, count them, record our tally online and then take them to the nearest Coles store for recycling!
I have registered us for this challenge which runs from September 17 (now) until October 17th.
So start rounding up all those plastic bags around your house and any you see around your street or parks, hold on to them, bring them to school after the holidays and we will record our tally on line!
Why is it so important to collect plastic bags and stop them going into landfill?
How could we promote this at school after the holidays and get EVERYONE involved? We will only have about 2 weeks when we come back to involve the whole school. Maybe our recycling team could promote this! What could we do on our first day back? Leave a comment with your suggestions.
Here is a link to the site to give you some information!

8 comments:
Dear 45r,
I think one the first day back we can all talk about what to do and all of that and about the second day get the recycling group to do around and tell every class about it because they have not done anything yet.
Claudia 4/5r
Thanks for telling us about the Voki! Now our teacher is making one too! PS Do you think we could do a platic bag challenge too?
Mrs. Benjamin's Class
Thats so cool cleaning the environment. I would like to do that too.
Good work that's a great idea to clean the enviroment
I like the idea of reducing waste.
How do I start the plastic bag saving thing?
Hi 4/5R,
I think this is a very good idea to reduce the amount of landfill and the death of animals. It sounds like lots of fun and it is good for the environment.
Selina 4/5R.
I have a Qestion for the recycling group. How many plastic bags has Australia collected so far?
HI 45r
I think that it is a good idea to do the plastic bag challenge.I think that we are going to reach our goal.
louise 45r
Post a Comment